Precious Moments

Why do I feel so...alone
pretending not to be so pretentious
smiling when it warrants tears
laughing when…

my mornings are warm…
the sun kisses my eyelids, as if to gently welcome me back
a split second between unconsciousness and this world
just for the single moment where my dream is...true
just before my eyes see clearly
before i encounter the heart wrenching void my day faces

my mornings are warm…
i wish life only existed in this realm
where i dint realize the coldness that is reality
where the dream world and this one don’t quite meet
if this was the purgatory that those old ladies in head scarves warned of, then damn... let me stay

my mornings are warm...
i don’t really know what to think of heaven
but damn, if its anything like this morning,
i wouldn’t feel so...alone
i would have you, now, later, till i take my last…
that however doesn't exist...right?
so i laze in those 2 seconds
where my dream girl isn’t in my dreams...
shes real, just as beautiful
just as.........
i don't know how long dreams last
but i would imagine its until they come true...