As I'm leaving my house my dad says to me "be humble my son". Don't mind the fact that he talks to me as if he's Abraham, I don't get it either. As i always do i say "yes dad" and thought about what he said no further. Today as I'm riding back from first friday, which by the way was invigorating, (and by invigorating I mean cold as hell) it hit me. BE HUMBLE MY SON! Be humble? Kanye's line in "Devil In a Red Dress" came to mind. "Hard be humble when I'm stuntin' on a jumbotron". Im thinking to myself, how could i be humble when i'm stuntin' in my mind. *DISCLAIMER* Even as I'm writing this i realize how narcissistic and arrogant it must sound; but honestly i associate humility with complacency. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy for what i have, the gifts God has bestowed in my life, the miracle it is to take a breath every morning. But why cant i scream them to the world. Its not to gloat or feel superior. I just want to express myself. I want to learn and scream it from the mountain tops.

Half an hour later....

I guess I understand what my father is talking about to an extent. He feels that every gift we have is Gods. As do I.